Renegade London 2013

I had a stall at Renegade London at the Truman Brewery last weekend, goodness me it was a tiring weekend! I really do have new found admiration for market traders who do it all year round in the cold, they must be exhausted! I learned that next time I do any of these big London events I have to go in a car and have a much more elegant set up, my cases and bags completely fell to pieces and it hadn't occurred to me that frames would stick to the wall without falling off. To be honest had it been me they would have most definitely fallen off! I got a few pics but I'm afraid this was a whizz round at the end since it was impossible to get away before then!




Emma Cocker had these lovely knitted taxidermy woodland creatures and so well displayed.

 

 And Smile were just opposite me with lots of really sweet prints and jewellery. I'm a massive Wes Anderson fan so was particularly taken by the Moonrise Kingdom and Royal Tenenbaums inspired work.


Catalina Echeverri's quirky illustration reminded me of Lane Smith's retro style, really beautiful character design.


Scout Editions were next to me at Spitalfields last time, lovely people and I just noticed on their site that they did the illustration for one of Lullatone's albums! Fantastic, love Lullatone who are an eclectic two piece based in Japan.


Custom Made had their geometric cats out to play!


There was tons of acrylic laser cut jewellery at Renegade so it was refreshing to see that I am Acrylic totally hand cut theirs!



 I have been a fan of Jimbobart for some years now so seeing his plates in the flesh was great. He also has a shop in Columbia Road, it's great to see to see how his success has really grown through such hard work over the last couple of years.


Knitted cushions from Knit and Destroy.


This was my neighbour Lucy Love This selling beautiful intricate screen prints of letters making up  London, this photo does not do them justice at all so you can see more online here.


This was my wee shop which I only managed this rather rubbish photo! But it does tell me I need to really work on a much bolder more elegant display which I knew but it was tricky fitting that in a suitcase!




My other neighbour selling sweet jewellery and illustration, Jo Want from Hello Sunshine.
  

Miwary was my absolute favourite and the seller was such a cutie pie. I bought the rabbit hair clips which are so well made especially for something so teeny weeny!





This was Mister Peebles, I love that David Meowie print! 


  

Lastly this was weirdfacebearcat who was made in a bit of down time and sold as soon as he went on the table so sadly I never got to know him but I'm sure he'll lead a happy life judging by the little girl who bought him's ecstatic face!

Comments

Popular Posts