Happy New Year!

So I'm a bit late but I think it's always best to have a little digesting time before officially starting the New Year. Finally after a few star jumps I am feeling revitalised and ready to propel my slightly more wobbly body into 2014. I haven't made any resolutions apart from what I tell myself I will do every month... (eat less, procrastinate less, exercise more, watch less TV, read more books etc etc) and on most of those levels I don't do too badly. But the main things I have thought about recently have been- 
 
To be mindful of what I eat and use with regard to the rest of the inhabitants on this planet. Watch Earthlings, it's heavy going but why it isn't more widely screened I don't know, but have a pretty strong inkling. I really hope this ends up on mainstream TV as it needs to be seen by those who aren't already scraping their consciences out and examining them deeply. Awareness isn't the issue any more, doing something about it and how to is clearly the issue.

Improve upon and experiment more with traditional skills, I've long been inspired by the breathtaking work of Shaun Tan so to work on my painting skills is a definite goal. If you haven't seen Shaun Tan's latest book 'Rules of Summer', you can see extracts here, just stunning. The simple non linear storytelling alongside surreal and sometimes sinister imagery is so spot on with regard to childhood experience and the human condition - http://www.rulesofsummer.com.au/

In the early part of the year I will be taking part in an exhibition at Wymondham Arts Centre, I'm really looking forward to putting some more craftscapes together for this. I'm working on my graphic novel still and I think there will be a lot of overlap into my work for the exhibition. A recent flight of whimsy below, getting off the planet seems to be a recurring theme!

- Space Craft -
   
https://www.etsy.com/listing/174708428/cat-art-print-space-craft-illustration?ref=shop_home_active 

I plan to also get a themed exhibition off the ground in time for the end of the year... but more about that to come nearer the time.

So apart from being mindful of our part to play on the planet and becoming better at things that keep our souls fully charged lets not worry too much if we watch a bit too much telly or eat all the cakes now and then. Happy New Year!!!!



Comments

Popular Posts