Avocets, whales and goth cats!


The weekend started with finishing the second of my bird flower images, this time Avocets. There will be one more of these to complete the series of three which I will hopefully get to next week.

 

Then it was a weekend away in London. We were heading down to see a friends band, a Cure tribute called Liqueur (geddit!) who are absolutely brilliant getting the sound and vision spot on. We had a lovely day wandering around Brick Lane and Columbia Road on Saturday followed by cocktails and Chinese food on Upper Street before the gig. It was the best gig I've been to in a long time and I danced my socks off!  Here is Percy the cat ready for his night out in his Robert Smith gear!



On Sunday we took a wander down to Bethnal Green to try a cafe well known for it's fab breakfasts, Cafe 338. We narrowly avoided a huge queue that developed just after we got in there so go early if you try it too! It was nice, a great range of veggie breakfasts if you're that way inclined and absolutely piles of food, I advise going for a small one! On the way back we were walking past Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium, London's soon to be opened premiere cat cafe and saw Lauren (the owner and founder) outside so said our hellos but didn't want to disturb what was clearly a very busy time. They aren't open yet but soon! I've done quite a bit of illustration for Lady Dinah's for cards and merchandise so lovely Lauren really kindly let us pop in and meet the cats and have a look around. Wahhhh so so lovely, really well adjusted and clearly so well looked after. They happily sit around in the windows and love the attention they're getting.  I did have a bit of a sore head from one too many cocktails the night before, wish I'd been a bit fresher! You can buy merchandise and find more information on Lady Dinah's here.



We had time before our train so took a walk to the river and over to the South Bank. We really needed to walk off that brekkie too, I am still full up as I write this at 6.30pm! The train ride went slowly, we were amazed at the Italian who spoke loudly but lyrically like bubbling water none stop all the way (2 hours!) apparently to himself but presumably to some poor soul on the other end of the bluetooth headset. That was soooome monologue! 

I had time on the train to finish some pattern ideas for some fabrics which I shall upload once they're working and also discovered that an anagram of Ella Goodwin is almost 'whale doodling' give or take the odd h and d! So here I am! - 


Have a great week!




Comments

Popular Posts