Happy Valentines Day and Wagtail Flowers!!

Happy Valentines day to all. I already feel sick from all the heart shaped choccies scrumptious though they were! This was the card I made my lovely husband. (which makes more sense if you know that he is the Fry Up Inspector!)


I've also been playing with acrylics lately in preparation for submission for the Society of Feline Artists show in August in London. My work is always hand drawn and inked but I tend to colour digitally. For that show none of the work can be digital so it's been great to get back to hand techniques and away from a screen. (even though Sindy is taking all the credit here!) You can buy this mini painting here



I've been working on some illustrations to be in a forthcoming show in April too which I'm really looking forward to! This is the first of a set of Bird Flower Families. The next ones are all coastal birds but these are Yellow Wagtails with their sleek golden feathers. (or yellow tulips depending on how much you squint your eyes!) I love the idea of the juxtaposition of the tender closeness of the close knit family and the independent freedom that the birds symbolise. Something we all struggle with in our contrary human way.(or is that just me!)





I am also working on a few private commissions at the moment (mostly cat related!). Always happy to have a chat about any custom work you may have ideas for. Just drop me a line here.










Comments

Popular Posts