The Owl Sanctuary Bar Boot Sale - Norwich Art, Design and Craft Fair


Recently the old Marquee pub in Norwich reopened as The Owl Sanctuary, there's a great write up on it on the Life in a Fine City blog. (fab new blog about the local area run by two lovely ladies)

Every last Sunday of the month there is a Bar Boot Sale from 1 - 5pm where you will find a host of local artists and makers. I put together this months poster for it, appropriate as this months charity is The Stray Cat Rescue and Rehoming Centre in Norwich! :) So after this weekend I shall be a busy at fairs every weekend until the beginning of July when Barcelona beckons, yay!

 This little foxy fella was inspired by a story I heard on my endeavors to learn some Japanese - 

'Moshi Moshi' is used when answering the phone in Japan. I read that this may be because Foxes are crafty tricksters in Japanese fairytales, stealing and cheating in magical ways. Apparently a fox can't say moshi moshi back so this is a great way to find out if it is a sneaky fox calling you! How very useful! (there are some other possible explanations but I like this one!)



Comments

Popular Posts